Beth Ann & Tim’s Miracle Green Wedding
Grab your tissues folks as this featured green wedding is about a truly remarkable love story!
Beth Ann (an event designer in CT) and Tim renewed their vows after Tim battled with Cystic Fibrosis. When they were first married he was given 18 months left to live. With just a few weeks left to live, Tim was given the miracle of a double lung transplant on November 10, 2009. After spending 3 months at the hospital waiting for a donor, he was released in just 5 days after his life saving surgery and breathing on his own for the first time since Beth Ann had known him. His recovery has been a miracle according to the doctors.
Last summer, Beth Ann and Tim decided to plan a vow renewal ceremony and reception at South Coast Winery in Temecula, CA. While Tim was sick, they switched to using all eco-friendly cleaning products as they were the only products that were not harsh and unhealthy for his lungs. Other environmentally friendly habits quickly formed. So it only made sense to make their wedding eco-friendly as well.
A few fun eco-facts from their wedding include:
- All of the apples used in the decor were from a local farm in CA
- They sent out Evites and had a guest list of 67 (smaller guest list, less impact)
- With an all outdoor ceremony reception, they had no lighting or A/C. Even their musicians used solar power to power their electrical instruments!
- The favors were biodegradable soy candles
- They decided to forgo a registry and asked everyone to make a small donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- All white roses came from the bride’s mother’s rose garden, and all other flowers came from Organic Elements (Linda Vargas), a florist that specializes in eco-friendly events.
- The menu was created with local farms and markets in mind
Congrats to Beth Ann & Tim and well wishes for a happy and healthy long life together!